Stem Cell Therapy
At Village Vet hospital we are proud to offer Stem Cell Therapy to our patients. Over 11,000 animals have been treated with VetStem technology over the last decade for arthritis, tendon and ligament injuries, and muscle injuries. Not only that, but VetStem is evaluating new uses for stem cells that may be available in the not-too distant future.
What Do Stem Cells Do?
Pain and inflammation
Quality of life and range of motion
Tendon, ligament and joint tissues
Your veterinarian collects fat from your dog, cat or horse
Vet-Stem processes the fat to concentrate the stem cells
Your veterinarian injects stem cells into the affected area
What Results Have Dog Owners Reported?
Stem Cell Therapy in Development
VetStem is currently evaluating the use of stem cells for treatment of:
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD)
- Kidney disease
- Liver disease
- Immune mediated diseases
Call us today at 858–412-4776 to schedule a consultation to see if stem cell therapy is right for your dog or cat.
Learn about StemInsure and banking cells for your animals future.
Stem Cells for Life
StemInsure® Providing a Lifetime of Stem Cells for Your Dog
Why Store Stem Cells for Your Dog?
As your dog ages, he is likely to develop arthritis or injure a cruciate ligament. The StemInsure service allows fat to be collected when your dog is undergoing an anesthetic procedure such as dental cleaning or orthopedic surgery, and stores your dog’s own Stem Cells so that they can be cultured to supply a lifetime of stem cell therapy.
- We will collect a small sample of fat during a surgical procedure such as a spay, neuter or other service requiring anesthesia.
- We then ship the fat overnight to VetStem for processing and stem cell banking.
- In the future, when your dog needs stem cells, we can order cell culturing to provide a lifetime of stem cell therapy for your dog.
Banked Dose Processing
- We can order the banked doses of stem cells to treat your dog any time in the future after culturing.
What can be Treated with Stem Cells?
- Current uses include arthritis, tendon and ligament injuries, and muscle injuries.
- Future uses may include treatment of kidney, liver, and immune mediated diseases.
Benefits of StemInsure
- Store stem cells while your dog is young and healthy.
- One fat collection can provide a lifetime of stem cell therapy for your dog.
- StemInsure can be an affordable way to store stem cells for your dog.
- Cell culturing and banked dose processing incur additional cost. We can provide you with estimates of potential future costs for treatment.
- VetStem will store the StemInsure sample for one year at no charge. After one year VetStem will bill you directly for the storage of the StemInsure sample which is currently $50 per year.